The 7.Fallschirm-Jäger-Division was formed in September 1944 near Venlo
from Fallschirm-Jäger-Division Erdmann.
The regiments of the new division did not change their designations until
11.25.44, and they operated initially with their old names.
In January, 1945, the division fought in the region of northern Alsace before being transfered north, where it later capitulated to British forces in the Oldenburg area, in May 1945.
Added later were the following units:
Due to heavy losses, Luftwaffen-Festungs-Bataillone XXIV and XXVIII, were absorbed by the division on 2.20.45.
|Commanders||GenLt. Wolfgang Erdmann cont from FJD Erdmann - 5.08.45|